Tuesday, March 31, 2009

10 years!

10 years ago we arrived in Raleigh and unofficially became "southerners". For the longest time it didn't feel like home. Not that I was attached to our home in PA. just that Raleigh was so much bigger than were we lived. It took me the longest time to get used to going to the grocery store right up the street and not seeing ANYONE that I knew. Traffic was another thing. I didn't drive on the "beltline" for months because I always seemed to get on and go the wrong direction and ended up going the whole way around. The schools took some getting used to also. The high school where Kolby and Tate go is huge and like Britt said when we drove up to register him for freshmen classes "it looks like Penn State". Raleigh is home now and especially Kolby and Tate feel it is their "hometown". My only wish is that my family would travel south to see us once in a while. The 9 1/2 hour trip to mom's is a killer. When dad was alive they did come in the fall and then again in the winter and I miss that. The best thing about living in Raleigh is the chance to see my flowers come up in Feb. and knowing that my convertable roof can be put down some days in January. Thanks to everyone that was welcoming to us 10 years ago.

No comments: