Monday, August 4, 2008

oh my!!!!

So sorry that it has been so long since my last update. What a wonderful time we had at Mahaffey. The girls were dedicated by my brother and all of my family was there except my brother Dan. The girls looked beautiful in their Ethiopian dresses and Jay and I also wore our clothes that we bought in Ethiopia. Evie is doing very well and we are happy to say that she seems pretty settled into the family. She has begun to test more but this is common. As an 8 year old she is mature but she has a silly, playful side too. She loves any type of game but she does not like to lose. At camp we met a CWA family that adopted 3 children in Jan. 07. Evie liked talking to their oldest daughter and the family only lives about 3 1/2 hours away so possibly we can get together with them again. My brother David is in that area too. Mazie is still the bright sunshine that shines so brightly. What a tug to my heart when that sweet voice says "I love you mama!" She usually gets up in the morning ready to go (just like her mama). I pray that Jay and I are the parents these girls need and that our family is the family they need too. We know that with out a doubt that God placed these girls with us. As their language improves we look forward to teaching them about God's love for them and us. I will update again soon but need to run to see why Mazie is calling me. Blessings

No comments: