Saturday, July 12, 2008

3 months here!!

The girls have been in America for 3 months now. I can honestly say it is hard to believe that they have not always been here. Evie is doing well with her English and understanding those around her. She has had the opportunity to meet all of her extended family on my side. We made up photo albums and she looks at everyone and remembers their names.
This week we return to PA. to our cottage at Mahaffey. Family camp begins on Friday and we are so excited that everyone will be there. On Sunday the girls will be dedicated by my brother David beside the Susquehanna River. I am so pleased that Britt will be flying in on Thursday and Dru will come up with Jay.
I am also happy that my mom is there and I get to spend this special time with her too. I often say that we know that the Lord brought us to North Carolina and that this is where we are suppose to be but it doesn't make it any easier that mom and the rest of my siblings are in PA. (except David and Lisa, they are now in VA.) Any how it should be a good week with some much needed relaxing time for Jay, he has been working so hard, and some "bonding" time for the girls and all of their cousins and Uncles and Aunts.
Pray that all of our traveling will go smoothly and that we have no more car troubles. Pray that when I drive on Tuesday and Jay on Friday that we will be rested and alert to all that is going on around us. Do I dare say pray for decent gas prices too!!!
As I noted earlier our computer bit the dust. We will need to replace it as Tate and Kolby have school starting in August and along with that will be the usual school work etc... Please pray that we can find a good computer and that the money is in place to purchase it. We are still paying the cost of airline tickets from Ethiopia 1/2 down 1/2 to go which totals around 2500.00. God is good and we know that He has taken care of us through all of the process. If you could only see how the girls interact with the family you would understand that they were meant for our family long before we knew they would be a part of it. God had all of this in His palm all along!!! Praise God!! Sharry

No comments: