Monday, May 19, 2008

welcome shower

Yesterday my dear friends Julie and Amanda and my church family threw a Welcome shower for the girls. How special of them. There was yummy food and very nice gifts. The girls will enjoy the gifts for a long time, puzzles, books, clothes, dolls, doll furniture, games WOW!!! Dru took pictures. I will post them later. As the girls learn more English we will share with them just how much people loved them before they ever met them.
All has been well here. We have noticed that when Evie's feelings are hurt or she has to be corrected for misbehaving she will go to her room and "sink" into herself. It is much easier to understand her moods now and at times we really do not let her sulk for long. She is almost always very sweet and helpful and full of giggles and silliness. We love her!! Her relationships with the boys get stronger each day. Evie's English is also getting pretty good. I think she understands most of what we say to her or we can at least explain it out to her. We are so proud of her!! Mazie, well what can I say. What a sweetheart. We adore her even when the typical 2 year old behavior happens. I am amazed at loving her so easily but then how could you not, she is so funny and cute. If I suggest "going" she literally flips out. Eating is a favorite past time and going to Costco too. Mazie is a shoe girl and has tried to talk me into buying her new ones no matter where we go. She has the most beautiful eyes and know exactly how to look at you!! Thank you Lord for placing in our care the perfect girls for our family!!

No comments: